Friday 22 July 2016

How To Slim Down The TBR Pile

I'm not a fast reader. This can be a problem when you're trying to get through your TBR and books keep piling up. I have found a way to keep my TBR managable and read a lot at the same time. In this post I'm going to tell you exactly how I do that.



Delete Books You Don't Want To Read

You can obviously only do this if you have a digital library like Goodreads where you keep track of everything. I mostly buy digital books when I want to read them, but I do have them on my Goodreads TBR. I go through it whenever I feel like it and delete all of the books I had an interest in at the time, but not anymore. The first time I did this, my TBR went from 300+ books to around 60. Huge difference!

Read Multiple Books At A Time

I never read just one book. I can't. I always read multiple books. Right now, I'm reading four books at a time due to the booktubeathon and wanting to read 7 books in one week. It helps a lot for me. I read 12 books on average each month. I've been doing this since January and I recently reached 100 read books in 6 months time. If you're a slow reader like me, that might seem crazy but it really isn't if you're willing to enjoy more than one book at the same time.

Set Goals

I always set reading goals for myself: 'Read 50 pages of this' and 'Read 100 pages of that'. I do this with multiple books within a day and I stop reading that certain book for the day after I hit my page count. It feels very fulfilling when you manage to read everything you wanted to.

Stay Away From Social Media

Unless you're doing reading sprints, it's okay to put away the phone and just read. I don't do this a lot. I take so many breaks while reading, but recently I didn't and just read. I managed to read 100 pages of a huge book in 2 hours. It was also very late at night and I was very happy when my eyes could finally rest after reading for such a long time.

These were my tips to slim down your TBR pile. Do you have any other advice? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment